Continues to expand knowledge of experiences in American Sign Language and Deaf Culture; designed to emphasize ASL grammar and sentence structure and to develop communicative competence at intermediate level.
Prerequisite: ASL II (ASL 102)
If any pre-requisites are required, they will be listed above. Prerequisites require an instructor override in advance of your registration in Ursa. Please contact the instructor before registering to provide proof of completion of the prerequisite course. Other UNC staff are not able to assist with prerequisite overrides for registration.
Current UNC students can register for this course.
If you are not seeking a degree at UNC, but have earned a GED or high school diploma, you may take a course for personal interest or to transfer to another college or university. Please note, as a non-degree seeking student, you are not eligible for Financial Aid.
At this time, UNC has secured approval to serve online education to students from every state and the U.S. Virgin Islands via our participation in NC-SARA and some additional state-by-state authorizations. However, we are not currently accepting students to our online programs who reside in Puerto Rico or the CNMIs. Due to how fluid these agreements can be at the state or federal level, we recommend checking our Eligibility by State page for details.
Use CRN: 12543
When you have activated your account, you will need to email Sherry Schriver and provide her with the following:
1. Your name
2. UNC Bear number
3.What class you are registering for
4. Attach to your email or fax (303-365-7677) your unofficial transcript showing ASL prerequisite courses
Once you have logged onto URSA, click on the blue student tab and you are ready to register for this class. While registering in URSA, be sure to reference the course information and CRN number above.
Follow this Tutorial if you need help registering.
If you encounter any problems, please contact our Technical Support Center at 800-545-2331. Technical Support staff and services are available 7 days a week. Online technical support is a new service accessible at all times through the SupportU portal. You can also continue to dial (970) 351-HELP or 1-800-545-2331.
Dr. Greta Knigga-Daugherty
1. Course materials costs (textbooks, CDs, etc.) are assessed and paid separately.
2. You will be billed for the cost of your course tuition.
3. Tuition for this course is listed in the course description on the Extended Campus webpage.
4. To view or pay your bill, please visit the Bursar’s website: http://www.unco.edu/acctservices/bursar/accrec.htm for specific instructions on accessing your bill. You will not receive a bill in the mail; UNC has an ebill system.
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available