New to Online Learning or the Canvas Course System?
If you're new to online learning, you may wonder what it's like to actually "attend" an online course. UNC uses Canvas, a learning management system, to deliver online courses (and to add support for face-to-face courses).
This Canvas tutorial will help you learn the features of Canvas and how to use them, as well as other tips to help you succeed in online learning.
Make Sure You Have Activated Your Ursa Student Account
*** As a first time UNC student, you have to activate your account. ***
- Click on “Password reset / account activation” then “Account Activation.”
- Enter your Bear number, date of birth and last 4 digits of your SSN. There are directions/resources on the activation page.
- If you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer you will need to follow the instructions on the screen to remove the pop-up blocker in order to access Ursa. Be sure you have your Bear number ready (you will receive this with your admissions information).
- If you have any issues activating your account, you can view detailed Ursa account activation instructions.
- Your Ursa username will then be your first four characters of your last name and a randomly chosen 4-digit number (e.g. smit1234 or fox4321). You will set up your Ursa password during your account activation.
If you have already activated your Ursa student account, just click the image to start the tutorial. You will log in to this tutorial (and all of your Canvas courses) with your Bearmail address and password.