Get Started –This Program Starts Every Term
Accepted applicants of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling master’s program at the Denver Center at Lowry may begin the program any term. We recommend that you apply at least 60 days before the start of your first semester, but you can contact the Program Coordinator to confirm upcoming deadlines. Class size is limited.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
Sign up for and attend an Admission Screening workshop.
- Choose Clinical Mental Health Counseling-MA (Extended Campus) as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts.
- IF you do NOT have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on your most recent 60 hours of college credit (as determined based on your submitted transcripts), you must submit a minimum GRE score (taken within the last five years) of: 140 Quantitative, 146 Verbal Reasoning, Combined score of at least 297 with analytic writing minimum of 3.5. Test scores must be sent directly to the graduate school by the testing agency. UNC's institutional code is R4074.
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
All applicants can attend an Admission Screening workshop at either center. Please email Gloria Sedillos to RSVP if you plan to attend. Workshops are scheduled for
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.