Get Started –This Program Starts Every Term
You can begin the Denver Center at Lowry program any term once you are admitted. We recommend that you apply at the beginning of the semester before the semester you wish to start the program (e.g. if you want to start the program Summer term, you should have your app and all materials submitted early in the Spring semester).
Please also see the pre-admission workshop dates below. Applications will not be reviewed for admission until all application materials are received and the pre-admission workshop is attended.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Choose Clinical Mental Health Counseling M.A. (Extended Campus) as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts.
- IF you do NOT have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on your most recent 60 hours of college credit (as determined based on your submitted transcripts), you must submit a minimum GRE score (taken within the last five years) of: 140 Quantitative, 146 Verbal Reasoning, Combined score of at least 297 with analytic writing minimum of 3.5. Test scores must be sent directly to the graduate school by the testing agency. UNC's institutional code is R4074.
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
Sign up for and attend a Pre-Admission Workshop.
- Three letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- A Statement of Goals – view the Statement of Goals Requirements
All applicants can attend a Pre-Admission Workshop at either center. Please email Gloria Sedillos to RSVP if you plan to attend. Workshops are scheduled for
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL iBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio/photo page *
- Financial Documentation * # – we will need to verify that you can pay the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) for the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
* = Items marked with * are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
# = Items marked with # are not required with your initial application. You will submit them after you have been admitted to UNC.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.