Estimated Program Costs
Each intern is responsible for the following costs and related items:
Professional Liability Insurance: This may be covered by the sponsoring facility or the intern may purchase it.
- Tuition: $8,160 for the 2019 internships. Down payment of $500 due at time of acceptance, remainder may be paid according to arrangements made with UNC Accounts Receivable Office.
- Professional Liability Insurance: This may be covered by the sponsoring facility or the intern may purchase it.
- Health Insurance (personal)
- Costs of coming to the University of Northern Colorado campus for orientation. This includes: transportation, housing and food
- $50 non-refundable application fee to internship
- $45/$20 application fee to DICAS
- $50 application fee to D&D Digital
- Costs for email access/account
- Postage to mail completed projects and evaluations to Program Director once a month
- Facility-related requirements such as, but not limited to, costs for background checks, tuberculosis test, drug tests, and immunizations (e.g., MMR, Hepatitis B, Tetanus). Facilities have different requirements; therefore, interns should check with preceptors at each facility.
- $200 Application fee to CDR for registration exam at completion of program.
Please note: there are no federally funded financial aid programs available for the internship through UNC at this time. Applicants may apply to ADA for scholarships at the same time they apply to the internship program. Limited scholarship funds are available for UNC didactic graduates only. Additionally, several major banking institutions provide educational loans.