- Master's-only students: You will start in Fall term
- Master's with licensure students: You will start in Summer term
A minimum of nine and a maximum of twelve students will be admitted each year. The goal is that each class will reflect a mix of diverse backgrounds, experiences and interests.
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
Application Deadline – All Applicants
Priority Application Deadline: January 15
Standard Application Deadline: if space is still available after the review and admission of priority applicants, the standard application deadline is March 1.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program). International students: please read the additional directions below.
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Dance Education-MA
- Dance Education with Licensure-MA
- Three professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- An essay stating your goals for the program and a discussion of why graduate school is an appropriate choice in your career at this time.
- A resume.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.