- Possess (or be in the process of finishing) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better (on a 4.00 point scale) for the most recent degree earned or current degree in progress.
- If you are still completing your bachelor's degree at the time you apply, admission will be based on your current cumulative GPA, and you will need to re-submit your official transcript (showing your conferred degree and final GPA) during your first semester. If your final GPA fell below 3.00, you will be given additional requirements as defined by the academic program that must be met within one calendar year to remain enrolled at UNC.
- If you have completed a master's degree, or at least 18 credit hours towards a master's degree, the GPA of your master's work will be used.
- Note: The BACB® requires that BCBA applicants have completed a graduate degree in behavior analysis, education or psychology at the time they sit for the certification exam. For applicants without such a degree, each of the UNC degree programs listed on the Program Summary page meet this requirement.
- If you do combine this certificate with a UNC degree program, you will need to meet the requirements for both programs for entry into the combined coursework.
Eligibility by State
At this time, UNC has secured approval to serve online education to students from every state and the U.S. Virgin Islands via our participation in NC-SARA and some additional state-by-state authorizations. However, we are not currently accepting students to our online programs who reside in Puerto Rico or the CNMIs. Due to how fluid these agreements can be at the state or federal level, we recommend checking our Eligibility by State page for details.
International students residing outside of the United States are eligible to apply to our online programs. Applicants for online programs must demonstrate English proficiency in order to be considered. Possible ways to demonstrate proficiency:
- Qualifying test scores: TOEFL iBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE: 60
- Completion of a degree in the U.S., or from an English speaking country (parts of Europe, Canada), within the last two years.
Students in completely online UNC programs are not required to come to the United States. You will not need student Visas or receive any immigration documentation, and do not need to provide financial documentation during the application process.
Certificate Program Transfer Credit Policy
Our graduate certificate programs feature highly specialized learning outcomes determined by our expert faculty. Therefore, to ensure that certificate graduates attain this specialized knowledge, students will need to complete all certificate coursework directly from this UNC program.