Get Started – This program begins every Term
Courses in the Denver + Online program are delivered in a "hybrid" method. You will attend face-to-face sessions at our Denver Center on some weekends. However you will spend less time in live class sessions than in traditional courses because some of the coursework is completed online. The courses are each 8-weeks long, with four Saturday sessions from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We recommend that you apply at least 60 days before the start of your first semester, but you can contact the Program Coordinator to confirm upcoming deadlines. Class size is limited.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
- Special Education:Early Childhood Special Education MA (Extended Campus)
- Special Ed: Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement
- You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Current Resume
- Statement of educational philosophy and goals. Your teaching philosophy and why you want the degree is sufficient; usually 1 or 2 typed pages.
- Reference check form. If the PDF opens in your browser, save it to your computer or device and you will be able to type and save information. (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Proof of teaching license, if you have one.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.