Get Started – This program begins every Term
The Online delivery of this program gives you the freedom to plan your coursework around your schedule.
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
We recommend that you apply at least 60 days before the start of your first semester, but you can contact the Program Coordinator to confirm upcoming deadlines. Class size is limited.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program). International students: please read the additional directions below.
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
- Special Education:Early Childhood Special Education MA (Extended Campus)
- Special Ed: Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement
- You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Current Resume
- Statement of educational philosophy and goals. Your teaching philosophy and why you want the degree is sufficient; usually 1 or 2 typed pages.
- Reference check form. If the PDF opens in your browser, save it to your computer or device and you will be able to type and save information. (You will upload this after you have completed and submitted the online application.)
- Proof of teaching license, if you have one.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.