Get Started – This program Starts Spring Term 2018
You will take two courses per semester in a weekend format – 4 weekends of Friday 5-9 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Priority Application Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Standard Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Special Education:Generalist MA (Extended Campus)
- Teacher Licensure: Special Education Generalist endorsement (ages 5-21 yrs) (Extended Campus)
- Two professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- A 1-2 page statement of academic and professional goals.
- Proof of valid Colorado teaching license, if you have one.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.