Get Started – This program begins every Fall
Certificate Students: this program can be completed 100% online, with optional visits to campus.
Endorsement and Master of Arts students: this program is completed mostly online. The Fall and Spring semesters are completely online. Summer coursework is partially online but also involves a mix of optional and required visits to the UNC campus in Greeley, Colorado:
- An optional on-campus field experience during the first summer of coursework
- The program culminates with students completing a 2 1/2 week practicum on campus teaching in the Summer Enrichment Program.
The application deadline is July 15. Additional students can be admitted after that date if space is available. Please contact the Program Coordinator if you are applying after the deadline.
Applicants for Online Programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
Though the program names are changing for Fall 2018, on the application the programs are still currently under the old names. For Academic Program of Interest choose the option below based on the program you need:
- For the certificate choose Graduate Certificate: Gifted Education
- For the endorsement choose Teacher Licensure: Gifted Education Core Endorsement (Extended Campus)
- For the master's degree choose Special Education: Gifted Education Specialist Endorsement-MA (Extended Campus)
- You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Statement of Philosophy and Professional Goals in relation to the needs in the field (1 to 2 pages).
- A completed Reference Check Form (if the PDF opens in your browser, save it to your computer or device and you will be able to type and save information).
- Proof of valid teaching license, if you have one.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.