Get Started – this online program begins every Summer
The online program accepts applications year round. The Application Deadline for each Summer start is May 1, but those applying early will receive priority consideration. Please check with the Program & Enrollment Manager about space if you are applying during the Spring just before the program starts.
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials (International students: please read additional instructions further below).
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
- Education:Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Ed-MAT
- Teacher Licensure: Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement (K-12)
- You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Three professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The letter should be 500 words or less.
- Proof of teaching license, if you have one.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.