An Online Master's Degree That Applies Psychology to Education / Teaching
The Educational Psychology Master of Arts – Teaching Applications Emphasis is designed specifically for teachers. This online program begins each Summer term. You can complete this master’s degree in 19 months, gaining the tools to optimize teaching and learning processes in the classroom.
- Problem-based learning methods allow you to use your own classroom as a context for studying learning and teaching.
- Practical assignments let you apply the latest research to activities such as revising lesson plans, trying out new programs, developing assessments, addressing diversity, and working with difficult students.
- Interactive courses allow you to build relationships with instructors and fellow students.
This Program Will Enhance Your Knowledge of...
- How the brain works
- The role of society and culture in learning
- How to foster deep-level learning and 21st century skills
- The nature of student motivation
- How to develop student confidence and interest in learning
- How to make learning transformative
Career Options for Graduates
Depending on your interests, prior experiences and existing certifications, this degree can prepare you to excel in the following positions:
- Teaching: Advance your K–12, community college and child care teaching
- Educational consulting/training
- Business and industry training, research or evaluation positions
- Measurement and assessment positions in industry, business or school systems
Visit the Graduate School program page
Learn more about the School of Psychological Sciences faculty