Get Started – This Online Program Begins Each Summer Term
Accepted applicants of the Educational Psychology MA – Teaching Applications Emphasis online program begin the program each Summer term.
Applicants for Online Programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
April 1 each year. Applications received after April 1 will be considered for the Summer program start of the following year.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Choose Educational Psychology: Teaching Applications-MA as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
- Two professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- Personal Statement indicating your background and experiences relevant to this degree, why you selected the MA in Educational Psychology: Teaching Applications program, and what you hope to gain from this program.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. The timing of the admission decision depends on each individual program’s deadline and review process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.