Details About the Denver Center + Online Delivery
Begins the Summer term (late July) of each even-numbered year. This delivery option incorporates a total of five face-to-face sessions at our Denver Center at Lowry per calendar year, as described below. This delivery balances the benefits of having collaborative sessions in each course with the freedom of online coursework the rest of each year.
- Fall and Spring terms: you will come to the Denver Center on two Saturdays each term, as part of your mostly-online courses.
- Summer terms: there is a 5-day course delivered at the Denver Center each of the first three Summers.
- Your dissertation defense will be presented on campus in Greeley during the final semester of your program.
Applicants for Online Programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
- Priority Application Deadline: May 1st, 2018.
- Standard Application Deadline: after the priority application deadline, spots are filled on a first-come, first served basis for qualified applicants. Please contact the Program & Enrollment manager about available space after the deadline.
There are a limited number of slots for this selective doctoral program. Please contact the Academic Program Coordinator before applying.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Choose Educational Studies-EDD (Extended Campus) as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application directions for the application fee and submission of your official transcripts and GRE scores.
- Writing sample - an academic paper or publication, no more than 25 pages.
- Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The letter should be 500 words or less.
- Three professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.