Get Started – You Can Begin This Program Each Summer
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
This program accepts applications year round. The Priority Application Deadline for each Summer start is March 1, but please check with the Program Coordinator about space if you would like to apply past the priority application deadline.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Choose Graduate Certificate: Mathematics Graduate Certificate as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
- One professional letter of recommendation - the system will help you initiate a request to be sent to this person.
- A statement/essay of approximately 500 words addressing your professional goals, and your interest in pursuing a Mathematics Graduate Certificate.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.