UNC Menu

Secondary or K-12 Education Post-Baccalaureate Licensures – Tuition, Financial Aid & Health Insurance


This is an Extended Campus program, which means:

  • A flat per-credit tuition rate for all students (in-state or out-of-state)
  • There are no student fees – they are incorporated into our flat tuition rate
  • Certain courses may carry specific course fees for additional services and materials

Program tuition for the 2018-19 academic year (which runs Fall, Spring, and Summer terms) is $400 per credit hour. Tuition for the 2019-20 academic year will be determined mid-June 2019.

Content Methods Coursework Tuition

The tuition for your methods courses will be based on the current UNC on-campus tuition rates. For methods course tuition costs, visit the UNC tuition page and choose resident or non-resident undergraduate tuition.

Financial Aid

Licensure-only (non-degree seeking) students aren't eligible for aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Details about the federal aid program are available at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Your program coordinator may be aware of your eligibility for any discipline or campus-based aid if available.

For more specific help, Extended Campus degree-seeking students may contact Adrina Pawlak in Financial Aid at OFA.Extended@unco.edu, 970-351-2502, or via the UNC Financial Aid website.

Students can also find helpful information such as the Guide to Federal Student Aid at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/resources. Most of the resources are available in English, Spanish, and Braille.

Get Started / Apply

Request Information

  • Send Me Info (the Secondary and K-12 programs are listed under Teacher Licensure)


Credits Required:
Secondary Education: 27 + any content area coursework
K-12 Education: 21 + any content area coursework
Time to Completion:
1 year
$400/credit hour

Delivery Options:

Program Coordinator:

John W. Haefeli


Program & Enrollment Manager:

Jon Shaw


Request Information

  • Send Me Info (the Secondary and K-12 programs are listed under Teacher Licensure)