Get Started – Begins Each Fall Term
The deadline for completed applications (including all supplemental materials) each year is February 1. Admission is competitive and completed applications will be reviewed in the month of February.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Choose Nursing:Family Nurse Practitioner(FNP)-DNP (Post Bachelor's) as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are not required for this program).
- Three professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- Personal Statement of future goals/interest in nursing (two page maximum, 12 point font, one inch paper margins)
- Current vita or resume
- Copy of current RN license
- Example of scholarly work or project – examples of this work include but are not limited to: professional research-based paper, senior level project, scholarly work produced for (such as an evidence based practice proposal), literature review, scholarly publication or presentation.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.