Get Started – Begins Each Fall Term
Master's Program: The deadline for completed applications (including all supplemental materials) each year is February 1. Admission is competitive and completed applications will be reviewed in the month of February.
Certificate-Only Program: Update: There are currently no available spaces to admit certificate students for the Fall 2017 and Fall 2018 starts. Please check again late next Spring 2018 for updated information for any Fall 2019 space availability.
The Application Process
The directions below are for either the master's degree or the certificate-only program.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
- Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner-MS
- Graduate Certificate: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Two professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- Personal Statement of future goals/interest in nursing (two page maximum, 12 point font, one inch paper margins)
- Current vita or resume
- Copy of current RN license