Get Started – Begins Each Fall Term
Master's Program: The deadline for completed applications (including all supplemental materials) each year is February 1. Admission is competitive and completed applications will be reviewed in the month of February.
Post-Master's FNP Certificate Program: a limited number of spots are available for the Fall 2019 start. Applications are due by February 1, 2019.
The Application Process
The directions below are for either the master's degree or the certificate-only program.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School and follow all steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
On the application, for Academic Program of Interest choose the appropriate option below based on the program you need:
- Nursing: Family Nurse Practitioner-MS
- Graduate Certificate: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- You will then continue in the system (or log back in later) to submit the following:
- Two professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
- Personal Statement of future goals/interest in nursing (two page maximum, 12 point font, one inch paper margins)
- Current vita or resume
- Copy of current RN license