Get Started – You can Begin the Online Program Fall or Spring Term
The Animal Audiology Graduate Certificate Program accepts applications throughout the year, and you can begin the program at the start of any academic Fall or Spring semester. It is recommended that you apply at least 60 days before the start of the semester for which you desire admission, but you can contact the Academic Program Coordinator to confirm upcoming deadlines.
Applicants for Online Programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then click on "Submit Supplemental Items" (or log back in later and choose "Bear App Profile") to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Choose Graduate Certificate: Animal Audiology as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application steps for the application fee and submission of official copies of your transcripts (GRE scores are NOT required for this program).
- International applicants: please read the additional directions below.
A copy of your Audiology certification/license or a letter from the director of your current AuD program to the Program Coordinator. This supplemental is waived for students who are already enrolled in the UNC AuD program.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL IBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE-A: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.