Get Started – This Program Begins Each Fall Term
Applications are accepted until July 15 each year for the Fall start, but this online program often fills up by early summer. Please contact the Program Coordinator about available space.
Applicants for Online Programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
The Application Process
You will apply to the program and then submit additional materials:
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School
You will then click on "myUNC" (or log back in later) to submit the following in the online application system once you have completed your graduate school application:
- Choose Physical Education and Physical Activity Leadership-MAT as your academic program of interest on the application.
- Follow all graduate school application directions for the application fee and submission of your official transcripts (GRE scores are not required for this program).
- International applicants: please read the additional steps below.
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement indicating your background and career goals relevant to the Physical Education & Physical Activity Leadership MAT degree
- Two professional letters of recommendation - the system will help you initiate requests to be sent to these individuals.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. A completed application typically takes four to six weeks to process.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL: 80, IELTS: 7.0, PTE-A: 54TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A) or a petition for exemption
- Copy of passport bio page**
- Financial Documentation** – we will need to verify that you can financially cover the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) of the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
** = Items marked with ** are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.