Colorado Dance Education Organization Annual Conference
Graduate Credit for Reflection on Topics from the CoDEO Conference
DNCE 508 is provided by the University of Northern Colorado’s Extended Campus as a professional development opportunity for dance educators for attendance at the Colorado Dance Education Organization (CoDEO) annual conference. The goal of attendance at the CoDEO conference is provide dance educators opportunities to update their skills and knowledge in terms of dance education content and curricula. This course will require the dance educators to attend the annual CoDEO conference sessions designed specifically for dance teachers and the dance performances presented during the conference.
The sessions will include...
- Pointe Readiness – Alyssa Arms, PT (Owner Back in Step PT)
- Using Dance Films Effectively – Michelle Bernier (San Souci Films) & Emily Hoch (Doral Academy of Colorado Dance/Movement Faculty).
- Creating an Intimate Dialogue with the Body – Chung-Fu Change (CSU Dance Faculty)
- Introduction to the Dance Bridge Project – Jan Dunn (former president IADMS) & Sutton Anker
- Movement through Motherhood – Madeline Harvey (CSU Dance Faculty)
- Benefits of Dance for English Language Learners – Breegan Kearney (DPS Dance Faculty)
- Basic Elements, Postures & Rhymes in Chinese Classical Dance – Ying Kong (Owner Ni Shang Dance Academy)
- Modern Synthesis of Josephine Baker & Carmen Amaya – Justice Miles
- Teaching Higher Level Thinking through Dance: Advocating for Dance in Education – Sandra Minton (UNC Faculty)
- Technology Tools for Dance Teachers – Olivia Mode Cater
- Adapting & Excelling in 2021 – JJ Odell (Celebrate the Beat Faculty)
- Bollywood Dance – Allison Spadaro (Middle School Dance Educator)
- On Being a Movement Activist – Brandon Welch (Founding Executive Director Awakening Movement).
See the syllabus for details about the reflection and follow-up assignment.
Level of Study
Online conference + follow-up assignment
Conference dates: January 23-24, 2021
Final assignment due: April 30, 2021
Add/Register by: January 31
Drop by: February 14
Withdraw by: March 20
Pursue a Master's Degree in Dance Education
The UNC Dance Education (Master's) program is focused on instructional methods for all dance educators.
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...