9 Essential Skills for the Love & Logic Classroom
Online Fall (Sep. 2 - Dec. 18) Educational Leadership Workshop
This course follows the educator training program titled 9 Essential Skills for the Love and Logic Classroom® developed by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, Ph.D. This program consists of nine separate modules, each of which teaches a different subset of skills. Each of these skill subsets is taught through the following media: video presentations by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, Ph.D., discussing, modeling, and providing examples of each skill, readings and structured group exercises and discussions.
There will be nine synchronous online sessions:
- September 2 & 9: 4:00-6:00pm
- September 9 & 23; October 7 & 21; November 4 & 18; December 2 & 16: 4:00-5:30pm
This course has been designed to help participants learn skills for...
- Creating classroom and school environments that stimulate responsible behavior and high levels of academic achievement.
- Preventing misbehavior and increasing instructional time on task.
- Avoiding power struggles while setting limits with challenging students.
- Teaching character and responsibility through the application of logical consequences instead of punishment.
- Developing positive, cooperative relationships with even the most difficult students and their parents.
- Preserving the learning environment when one or more students become disruptive and unresponsive to preventative discipline.
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Level of Study
September 2 - December 18, 2020
Add/Register by: September 11
Drop by: September 18
Withdraw by: October 23
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...