Elementary Bond Science Institute
A Summer 2023 Workshop for Elementary Teachers
Delivered in partnership with the Poudre Learning Center in Greeley.
The Bond Science Institute for Elementary Teachers is an institute that will develop teachers understanding of 3-dimensional science instruction through the lens of the Next Generation Science Standards and Colorado Content Standards. The Institute will also explore science content, inquiry-based instruction, integration of other content areas into science instruction and STEM/STEAM lessons. Learn about how to use the outdoors to extend learning for students!
Develop a deeper knowledge of science instruction, objectives, learning, curriculum, safety, technology, and assessment for teaching science grades K-8.
- To examine science as "a way of knowing" through dialog and experiencing scientific inquiry via activities, reading, and discussion.
- To develop an understanding of how people learn in the context of scientific discovery and current brain research.
- To provide models for conducting inquiry-based investigations.
- To provide models of instruction for integrating science with other content areas.
- To provide content necessary to enable teacher licensure students to address K-12 Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) and an awareness of the Next Generation Science Standards.
- To explore ways for teachers to introduce students to science argumentation strategies including Claims, Evidence, Reasoning and Sense Making Circles.
Course is letter graded.
Level of Study
Poudre Learning Center
Course runs: June 12-15, 2023 (8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Add/Register by: June 16
Drop by: June 16
Withdraw by: June 18
$140 ($70/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...