A Summer 2022 Workshop for K-12 Teachers
Delivered in partnership with the Poudre Learning Center in Greeley.
Teacher Workshop at the Poudre Learning Center on energy derived from the contemporary oil and gas industry in Colorado. Instructors from the Poudre Learning Center and the experts in the field of oil and gas production will lead the participants into the following topics through immersion in STEM lessons, models, and field trip experiences to oil/gas extraction sites:
- Formation of oil and gas deposits
- Processes of extracting oil and gas
- Positive and negative impacts of oil and gas production
- Immersion into NGSS Science and Engineering Practices
- Developing STEM lessons based on NGSS (2017, The Three Dimensions of Science Learning, https://www.nextgenscience.org/ ) and the 5E Learning Cycle (R. Bybee and others, 2006, The BSCS 5E Instructional Model: Origins, Effectiveness, and Applications-Executive Summary, Biological Sciences Curriculum Study, Colorado Springs, CO).
Course is letter graded.
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...