Bond Science Institute
A Summer 2019 Workshop for Elementary Teachers
Delivered in partnership with the Poudre Learning Center in Greeley.
The Bond Science Institute for Elementary Teachers is a four-day workshop that will develop teachers' understanding of inquiry-based teaching, science content, and build an understanding of the new Colorado Content Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Develop a deeper knowledge of science instruction, objectives, learning, curriculum, safety, technology, and assessment for teaching science grades K-8.
- Examine science as "a way of knowing" through dialog and experiencing scientific inquiry via activities, reading, and discussion.
- Develop an understanding of how people learn in the context of scientific discovery and current brain research.
- Provide models for conducting inquiry-based investigations.
- Provide models of instruction for integrating science with other content areas.
- Provide content necessary to enable teacher licensure students to address K-12 Colorado Academic Standards (CAS) and an awareness of the Next Generation Science Standards.
Course is letter graded.
Level of Study
Poudre Learning Center
Workshop dates: June 24-27, 2019 (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Final assignment due: July 15, 2019
Add/Register by: July 1
Drop by: July 8
$100 ($50/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...