Elementary Energy Oil & Gas
A Summer 2019 Workshop for Elementary Teachers
Delivered in partnership with the Poudre Learning Center in Greeley.
This workshop, delivered over four days at the Poudre Learning Center, will center on energy derived from the contemporary oil and gas industry in Colorado.
Instructors from the Poudre Learning Center and the experts in the field of oil and gas production will lead the participants into the following topics through immersion in STEM lessons, models, and field trip experiences to oil/gas extraction sites:
- Formation of oil and gas deposits
- Processes of extracting oil and gas
- Positive and negative impacts of oil and gas production
- Immersion into NGSS Science and Engineering Practices
- Developing STEM lessons based on NGSS and the 5E Learning Cycle
This ESCI 591 course is for elementary-level teachers. A course is also available for secondary teachers: ESCI 591-643.
Level of Study
Poudre Learning Center
Workshop dates: June 17-20, 2019 (8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Assignment due: June 28, 2019
Add/Register by: June 21 (you must complete Step 1 & 2 by this date)
Drop by: June 24
$100 ($50/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...