Performance Psychology for Performing Artists
Spring 2024 Workshop for Performers
In this course, you will...
- Learn fundamental principles of performance psychology applicable to common performance issues for artists; these include performance anxiety, confidence, and goal-setting, among others. Specific psychological skill development will be emphasized.
- Develop a personal plan for incorporating these psychological skills into their performances.
- Learn future resources for long-term support in the development of the psychological skills related to performance.
- Test out two of these skills over a 1-week period and analyze the result in a short paper.
Choose Graduate or Undergraduate Option
Undergraduate version of course = MUS 495-600
Graduate version of course = MUS 695-600
The courses are letter graded: Syllabus for both courses
Level of Study
- Undergraduate = MUS 495-600
- Graduate = MUS 695-600
UNC Campus (Frasier Hall Room 0249)
Workshop dates: Feb. 3–4, 2024 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Final assignment due: Feb. 25, 2024
Add/Register by: Feb. 3
Drop by: Feb. 4
Withdraw by: March 3
$190 ($95/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...