Managing Performance Anxiety for Optimal Performance
Spring 2023 Professional Development Course for Musicians
In this Special Topics in Music course, you will...
- Learn fundamental principles of performance psychology applicable to common performance issues for artists; these include performance anxiety, confidence, and goal-setting, among others. Specific psychological skill development will be emphasized;
- Develop a personal plan for incorporating these psychological skills into their performances;
- Learn future resources for long-term support in the development of the psychological skills related to performance; and
- Test out two of these skills over a 1 week period and analyze the result in a short paper.
Choose Graduate or Undergraduate Option
Undergraduate version of course = MUS 495-600
Graduate version of course = MUS 695-600
Level of Study
- Undergraduate = MUS 495-600
- Graduate = MUS 695-600
UNC Campus (Frasier Hall Room 0249) + follow-up assignment
Session dates: April 15-16, 2023 (11-12:30 a.m. & 1:15-3:00 p.m. each day)
Follow-up assignment due: April 28, 2023
Add/Register by: April 21
Drop by: April 25
Withdraw by: April 29
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...