Teaching Theatre Strategies (Non-Colorado Fall Term Conferences)
Online Professional Renewal / Graduate Credit Tied to Theatre Conferences Outside Colorado
Apply state and national standards to theatre curriculum created through workshops attended at the state, national, or international conferences (37.5 hours minimum per credit hour, which includes workshops, performances, keynote speeches, seminars, business meetings, and awards ceremonies).
Note: This course can be taken for 1, 2 or 3 credit hours. For 2 credit hours, you must also take a PDI (Professional Development Institute) if applicable at your event, and complete two unit plans as described in syllabus assignments #1 and #2. For 3 credit hours, you must complete all the above and assignment #3.
Course is letter graded.
- EdTA National Conference (September 2021)
- New Mexico Thespian Festival (October 2021)
- Kentucky Thespian Festival (November 2021)
- Indiana Thespian Festival (November 2021)
- Iowa Thespian Festival (November 2021)
- Texas Thespian Festival (November 2021)
- Pennsylvania Thespian Festival (November 2021)
- Michigan Thespian Festival (December 2021)
- State or National Theatre Conference approved by Professor
If you will be attending a theatre conference in Colorado, please visit the THEA 513-600 course instead.
Level of Study
1, 2 or 3
Course = Online
However course participation is tied to attendance at one of the conferences listed in the course description.
Course available online: August 22 - December 11, 2022
Add/Register by: December 5
Drop by: December 6
Withdraw by: December 7
Assistant: Mary Schuttler
$425 / credit hour
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...