Instructional Best Practices in English
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course provides students with the opportunity to closely examine aspects of best practices and strategies for teaching grammar, reading, and writing in a blended setting in order to reflect on and refine current teaching practices. Participants will implement a model specific to their classroom environment.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Recognize best practices for blended learning instruction
- Articulate best practices for grammar, reading, and writing instruction in a blended learning model
- Design, develop, and deliver grammar, reading, and writing activities focused on active learning in a blended environment
- Design and develop grammar, reading, and writing lessons appropriate for their grade level and blended learning environment
- Implement a grammar, reading, or writing blended lesson
- Engage in peer observation and reflect on the instructional and learning experience
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 508-963 General Audience
Course dates: May 17 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/23; Drop by 7/28; Withdraw by 8/2
Level of Study
Vary by course section
$130 ($65/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...