Instructional Best Practices for Librarians
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course provides librarians with the opportunity to understand their new roles and expanded library services to meet the needs of blended and online learners. Participants will examine strategies for developing and expanding library services as well as investigate how blended librarianship aligns with Library Learning Commons models.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Understand the concept of a blended librarian, learning commons, and a flipped classroom
- Evaluate their current space and stakeholder needs for change/growth
- Generate ideas to expand/reinvent their current library spaces/services for online/blended learners
- Develop flipped instruction to use in their current situation
- Design, develop, and deliver a blended learning lesson
- Engage in peer feedback and observation
- Reflect on instructional and learning experience
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 508-969 General Audience
Course dates: May 17 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/23; Drop by 7/28; Withdraw by 8/2
Level of Study
Vary by course section
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...