Instructional Best Practices in Math
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course provides students with the opportunity to study best instructional practices in math. Learners will explore methods for engaging students in blended settings, designing and producing an investigative math assignment to implement in their classroom.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Articulate best instructional strategies for teaching math in a blended environment
- Investigate tools and activities for building student engagement
- Design, develop, and deliver math activities for immediate implementation
- Design, develop, and deliver an investigative math assignment that will engage learners, address multiple learning styles, and push students to deeper content learning in math
- Design, develop, and deliver a blended math lesson that integrates instructional best practices
- Engage in peer review
- Reflect on instructional and learning experience
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 508-964 General Audience
Course dates: May 17 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/23; Drop by 7/28; Withdraw by 8/2
Level of Study
Vary by course section
$130 ($65/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...