Student Choice & Agency
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course is a deeper dive into the personalized learning pedagogy. Participants will actively engage in developing content for immediate use in their classroom. They will build student profiles and diagnostic assessments, learn how to use data to guide students in identifying learning targets and writing objectives and goals, and design multiple assessments for various mastery levels. Student support structures and management of independent learning time are additional focuses of study.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Investigate and implement strategies designed to develop successful self-directed learners in a personalized learning environment
- Engage in creating student-centered activities for immediate use in the classroom
- Design, develop, and deliver a unit of instruction comprised of essential personalized learning components that promote student agency
- Engage in peer review and feedback
- Reflect on instructional and learning experience
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 508-962 General Audience
Course dates: May 17 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/23; Drop by 7/28; Withdraw by 8/2
Level of Study
Vary by course section
$130 ($65/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...