Designing & Building an Online Course (Formerly TAO)
Summer 2019 Course for UNC Faculty, Staff & Students
This course enables participants to apply instructional design principles and best practices in online learning as they plan and build an online course that meets Quality Matters standards.
Participants will incorporate online learning pedagogy, standards, and best practices into their course design to produce a quality product. You will need to have available course content from which to build your course.
After this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of an online instructor and assess your own strengths and challenges in this area.
- Use Canvas as a student to gain the student perspective.
- Apply QM standards and best practices to the design and development of an online course.
- Choose appropriate materials and tools to accomplish your instructional objectives.
- Implement online pedagogy in the areas of instructor presence, communication and assessment.
- Use Canvas to build (upload) a course.
Level of Study
June 3 - July 26, 2019
Add/Register by: June 3
Drop by: June 10
$195 ($65 / credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...