Designing & Building an Online Course (Formerly TAO)
Summer 2020 Course for UNC Faculty, Staff & Students
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with the opportunity to apply knowledge learned in the TIP program by planning and building a quality online course. The course uses the Quality Matters (QM) standards as a model and provides practical tools and experience. Participants will incorporate online learning pedagogy, standards, and best practices into their course design to produce a quality product.
After this course participants will be able to...
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of an online instructor and assess your own strengths and challenges in this area.
- Use Canvas as a student to gain the student perspective.
- Apply QM standards and best practices to the design and development of an online course.
- Choose appropriate materials and tools to accomplish your instructional objectives.
- Implement online pedagogy in the areas of instructor presence, communication and assessment.
- Use Canvas to build (upload) a course.
Level of Study
June 8 - July 31, 2020
Add/Register by: June 11
Drop by: June 15
Withdraw by: July 3
$195 ($65 / credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...