Learning Computer Science Discoveries for 6th-10th Grade Instructors
Online Summer Educational Technology Workshop
This course provides students with curriculum, classroom management, and teaching strategy resources for teaching Computer Science Discoveries to their 6th-10th grade students.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to...
- Use the curriculum guide to teach CSD to their students, incorporating pedagogy and best practices.
- Choose an implementation strategy that fits their specific teaching scenario.
- Utilize formal and informal assessments to inform their teaching and create next steps for students.
- Problem solve and support their students as they debug their programs.
- Address equity issues by providing CS education to all students in their schools.
Grading will be Pass/Fail. A cumulative of 80% or higher is considered passing.
Level of Study
Online workshop + follow-up requirements
Workshop dates: July 20-24, 2020 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; 1/2 live, 1/2 independent)
Follow-up requirements due July 31, 2020
Add/Register by: July 24
Drop by: July 27
Withdraw by: July 28
$130 ($65/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...