Learning Computer Science Discoveries for 6th-10th Grade Instructors
Online Summer Educational Technology Workshop for Instructors from Utah
This course provides students with curriculum, classroom management, and teaching strategy resources for teaching Computer Science Discoveries to their 6th-10th grade students.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to...
- Use the curriculum guide to teach CSD to their students, incorporating pedagogy and best practices.
- Choose an implementation strategy that fits their specific teaching scenario.
- Utilize formal and informal assessments to inform their teaching and create next steps for students.
- Problem solve and support their students as they debug their programs.
- Address equity issues by providing CS education to all students in their schools.
Grading will be Pass/Fail. A cumulative of 80% or higher is considered passing.
Level of Study
Course runs online: July 20-31, 2020
Workshop dates: July 27-31, 2020 (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; 1/2 live, 1/2 independent)
Add/Register by: July 27
Drop by: July 28
Withdraw by: July 29
$130 ($65/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...