Learning Computer Science Discoveries for 6th-10th Grade Instructors
Spring 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course provides students with curriculum, classroom management, and teaching strategy resources for teaching Computer Science Discoveries to their 6th-10th grade students.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to...
- Use the curriculum guide to teach CSD to their students, incorporating pedagogy and best practices.
- Choose an implementation strategy that fits their specific teaching scenario.
- Utilize formal and informal assessments to inform their teaching and create next steps for students.
- Problem solve and support their students as they debug their programs.
- Address equity issues by providing CS education to all students in their schools.
Grading will be Pass/Fail. A cumulative of 80% or higher is considered passing.
Spring Course Sections
Each course section will have two 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. online sessions (1/2 live online training; 1/2 independent work) on the dates noted below.
TIP 513-957 Utah
Course dates: January 30 & February 27
Register by 2/5; Drop by 2/12; Withdraw by 2/19
TIP 513-956 Colorado
Course dates: February 6 & March 13
Register by 2/12; Drop by 2/19; Withdraw by 2/26
Level of Study
Online workshop + follow-up requirements
Course Dates & Deadlines
Vary by course section
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...