Instructional Best Practices in Physical Education / Health
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course reviews best practices in blended learning and physical education. It examines the initial guidelines for creating and implementing a comprehensive physical education program in a fully online or blended environment. Best practices in instruction and assessment of a physical education teacher are also examined in relation to the national standards and grade-level outcomes.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Understand how developing a PE course for a blended or online learning environment can be a viable option and even an asset for some schools, districts, and individual students
- Articulate best practices for developing a comprehensive PE program in a blended or online learning environment
- Produce an action plan for integrating PE-specific blended/online guidelines and technology
- Create authentic assessments aligning with grade-level outcomes in both a blended and online learning environment
- Design, develop, and deliver a blended PE lesson
- Engage in peer review and feedback
- Reflect on overall instructional and learning experience
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 508-962 General Audience
Course dates: May 17 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/23; Drop by 7/28; Withdraw by 8/2
Level of Study
Vary by course section
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...