Instructional Best Practices in Special Education
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
This course reviews best practices in blended learning and introduces the role of a special educator in a blended environment. It touches on how the responsibilities of a special educator can be adapted to an online environment. By the end of the course, students will design, develop, and deliver a blended lesson.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Understand the role of the special educator in a blended learning environment
- Articulate similarities and differences in special education blended learning environments
- Write a compliant IEP for a blended or online environment
- List common methods of data collection for progress monitoring
- Implement and use technology to effectively adapt and modify curriculum for your students
- Adapt common models of co-teaching to a blended or online setting
- Design, develop, and deliver a blended lesson
- Engage in peer review and feedback
- Reflect on the instructional and learning experience
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 508-963 General Audience
Course dates: May 17 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/23; Drop by 7/28; Withdraw by 8/2
Level of Study
Vary by course section
$130 ($65/credit hour)
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...