Nurturing Autonomous Learners
Summer 2021 Sections of this Online Educational Technology Workshop
Considering their personal and institutional context, participants in this course will build and reinforce the strategies that ensure autonomous learning skill development in their students. Topics include an overview of the fundamental reasons to develop autonomous learning skills, the scaffolding and progression from instructed education to autonomous learning, and the use of strategies that reinforce students’ autonomy.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to...
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the elements that define autonomous learning
- Analyze the benefits and challenges of autonomous learning
- Analyze the implications that nurturing autonomous students may have
- Break down the autonomous learning skills development into levels
- Create instructions and activities aligned with students’ autonomy level
- Envision personalization techniques to motivate autonomous learners
- Design and develop 4 stages of autonomous learning and deliver one of the stages
- Engage in peer review
- Reflect on the instructional and learning experiences
Grading will be Pass/Fail: a minimum score of 80% will be required to pass.
Summer Course Sections
TIP 513-968 General Audience
Course dates: June 15 - August 8, 2021
Register by 7/16; Drop by 7/23; Withdraw by 8/4
Level of Study
Vary by course section
Not Finding the Course You Need?
More UNC on-campus and online courses are available...