Endorsement Program for Those Currently Teaching Chinese
This endorsement program provides current alternatively licensed Chinese language teachers with a streamlined pathway to approved endorsement. You can complete the program entirely online in less than a year, even while teaching full-time. One course will include an online meeting once per week, allowing you to collaborate with your fellow students.
Endorsement for K-12 Chinese Language Teaching
If you have a bachelor's degree and teacher licensure, and are currently teaching Chinese "out of field," this program will help you attain your K-12 Foreign Languages Teaching Endorsement in Chinese. Our coursework, in addition to your professional competency in Chinese language and culture, will provide you with the proper preparation for this endorsement as a world/foreign languages teacher.
Time to Completion:
Varies (can be completed in 2 semesters / 8 months)
Delivery Option & Start Term:
Online program: start any term
Required Courses (13-15 Credit Hours)
This is a flexible program that can be completed in as few as two academic terms (8 months). To see the upcoming courses, visit this program's Current Students page.
- EDF 500 Conceptions of Schooling (3) OR ECLD 593 Language, School and Society (3)
- ECLD 592 Second Language Acquisition Theory (3)
- EDSE 509 Strategies for Students with Exceptionalities (3) OR EDSE 679 Interventions for Students with Cultural and Linguistic Differences (3)
- FL 541 Methods of Teaching World Languages (3) – This course will include synchronous learning sessions where the professor and students meet online one day per week at the same time (likely 4:30 to 7:15 p.m. Mountain Time). Students will have input on the day of the week the course meets, but scheduling will depend on the availability of the instructor and the majority of students.
- EDFE 501 Practicum (1-4) – You will complete this course via hours spent teaching in your school. The number of credit hours needed will be determined based on your previous employment experience as a Chinese language teacher. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the School of Teacher Education page for this program.