Application & Location Info for this Special Education Teaching Program
Get Started – Start any Fall or Spring Term
Application Timing and Deadlines
The Center for Urban Education accepts applications at any time. Completed applications are due by:
- July 1 for Fall semester start
- December 1 for Spring semester start
- Some students are able to start in the middle of Fall or Spring term when new courses begin. Please contact the Program Coordinator for information.
Thank you for your interest in this UNC program!
Please review the Eligibility section of the Program Summary page prior to application.
The most productive first step is to contact the Program Coordinator to set up an appointment to talk about your education and career plans. This in-depth conversation allows applicants to have the unique program elements fully explained and have all their questions answered before committing.
After this meeting, or to get started right away, use the appropriate button below to apply!
Please indicate Special Education: K-12 Teaching B.A. (Denver-Lowry) as your program on the application.
International applicants: please read the additional instructions below.
The application fee process will appear once you complete all application questions and submit the application.
Make sure to have sealed official transcripts sent to UNC for all previously earned credit. UNC admissions will use your submitted transcripts to determine credit towards overall degree completion.
UNC is pleased to be partnering with TEACH Colorado, a non-profit coalition that works to support future teachers. If you set up a free account with TEACHColorado.org before you complete your UNC application, you will be eligible to receive up to $100 in reimbursement of your application fee and any costs you may incur for academic transcripts or exams. The TEACHColorado.org checklist is optional, but you will need to create an account if you would like to request reimbursement.
We also recommend that you save this page that you are viewing right now for when you return to complete your UNC application.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Official Transcripts of all institutions attended after high school
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – TOEFL iBT: 70; IELTS: 6.0; PTE: 50, or petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio/photo page *
- Financial Documentation * # – we will need to verify that you can pay the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) for the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
* = Items marked with * are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
# = Items marked with # are not required with your initial application. You will submit them after you have been admitted to UNC.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.