Denver Center at Lowry – Current Students Information
The UNC Denver Center at Lowry is located in East Denver on the site of the former Lowry Air Force Base.
Student WiFi Directions
Devices vary in which fields they require and in what order, but the bullets below should cover most device processes (you may not require all of these items):
- If you are on a mobile device, first turn on Airplane Mode (this will ensure that the user registration page will be displayed once you connect).
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, search for available networks and select: UNC-Student
- Keycode/Password/Security Key: UNCStudent (capitalization does matter; this is needed only the 1st time you use each device at a UNC campus or center).
- Ignore any notification that says "WiFi has no internet access."
- Open your browser and go to any web page to prompt the User Registration page if you are on a computer. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to go to https://www.unco.edu/index.asp or http://184.108.40.206/.
- Read the UNC Computing Acceptable Use Procedure, then hit the "Accept" button.
- Username and password are your full UNC Student username (Bearmail address) and your password.
- If you input your credentials correctly, you will receive a confirmation page and then the network will connect (this may take a few moments).
- Turn off Airplane mode if you turned it on for this process.
Computer Labs and Printing
- Our computer labs are available whenever the center is open, if not reserved by a course (rare occurrences).
- Food and drink are NOT allowed in the labs. You may have food & drink in the regular classrooms.
- All the printing is done through the BearPrint printing system, same as the main campus. For assistance, check the binder in your computer lab or check with the Site Coordinator. When printing, it will ask for your Ursa username and password.
- Every August, an $8 credit is put on your account for the academic year. If more money is needed, you can add funds to your account in the Financial/Billing section in Ursa. If a billing discrepancy occurs, please contact Technical Support.
- There is also a coin-operated copy machine.
- Free parking!
- Access to public transportation within walking distance
- Kitchen with microwaves, refrigerator, and vending machines
- Study room: available any time the center is open
- Student lounge with couches, chairs and a flat-screen TV
- Campus security is always available and can be reached at 303-419-5557.
Home to the Center for Urban Education
The Denver Center at Lowry is also home to the Center for Urban Education. The faculty and staff of the "Urban Ed" programs work mostly in Denver. You will find the Center for Urban Education academic offerings on the Extended Campus programs and courses lists, but you can also visit their site to learn more about their impact in the community.
The Lowry-Stapleton Area
Lowry is a residential/higher education area, which is the site of the former Lowry Field and Air Force Base in Denver, with nearby access to...
- Many restaurant options from fast food to casual dining
- Hotels and apartment/condo complexes
- Gas/convenience stores and groceries
- Parks, playgrounds and running trails
Our center is also just minutes away from the Cherry Creek area and 15-20 minutes from Downtown Denver. Be sure to explore the area using the “Search nearby” function at the Google map link above.
Photos of the Center
Summer 2020 COVID-19 Impacts
All Summer in-person instruction is being adapted in accordance with current limitations (and predicted future limitations) established by federal, state and university leadership. If your program has (or had) any in-person requirements, please know that all Extended Campus course information is being updated ASAP whenever changes are determined.