Loveland Center at Centerra – Faculty/Staff Information
The UNC Loveland Center at Centerra is conveniently located near Interstate 25 & US Highway 34 in the Centerra development of Loveland.
Faculty/Staff WiFi Directions
Devices vary in which fields they require and in what order, but the bullets below should cover most device processes (you may not require all of these items):
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, search for available networks and select: UNC-Enterprise
- If your device asks you to select a security type, choose "PEAP" as the EAP method, and "MSCHAPV2" as the Phase 2 authentication.
- If your device has a field for CA certificate, select "Do not validate" or "unspecified."
- Identity/Username and password are same as your Ursa credentials [first.last and Ursa password]. If your device has a field for "anonymous identity," leave it blank.
- If you are prompted to accept a security certificate, click what would be the "yes" answer: Accept / Connect / Trust / etc.
If you have trouble connecting, or wish to set Enterprise as an established network on your personal Windows machine while at the center or on campus, visit the UNC Wireless Networks help page (you may need to log-in with your Ursa credentials) or call 970-351-4357 for assistance.
Computer Lab and Printing
- Our computer lab is available whenever the center is open, if it is not reserved by a course (rare occurrences).
- Food and drink are not allowed in the lab. You may have food & drink in the regular classrooms.
- All the printing is done through the BearPrint printing system, same as the main campus. For assistance, check the binder in your computer lab or check with the Site Coordinator. When printing, it will ask for your Ursa username and password.
- Every August, an $8 credit is put on your account for the academic year. If more money is needed, you can add funds to your account in the Financial/Billing section in Ursa. If a billing discrepancy occurs, please contact Technical Support.
Other Resources and Amenities
- Classroom equipment:
- All classrooms are "smart" classrooms with LCD projectors and a laptop or desktop computer.
- Other equipment is available upon request: Elmo document camera, cables to connect your laptop or Apple/Mac device to the projector, flat screen TV with DVD/VHS, conference phone, and a lapel microphone.
- Faculty/Staff workroom: fully stocked with copier, paper, easels, flip charts, markers, various office supplies. If you don’t see it, just ask and we will get it for you!
- A private advising room and some temporary storage space is also available.
- Free parking! [Note: please do not park in the few spots that are marked reserved on the far South end of the lot.]
- Kitchens and patio: The center has two kitchen areas on the 1st and 2nd floors. The 1st floor kitchen has a coffee maker, two microwaves, refrigerator, convection oven, two vending machines, toaster, several tables and chairs, and an outside patio area with two picnic tables and a BBQ grill. The 2nd floor kitchen has a refrigerator, coffee maker and sink area. We rely on students and staff to clean up after themselves when using the facilities!
- Fitness: the center has 4 bicycles that can be checked out from the front desk for 30 minute intervals. Faculty and staff have full use of the walking/biking paths right next to the center, which go around 2 lakes. Locker rooms with shower are located in the first floor main hallway.
- Please note: the picnic area just outside the next nearest building (to the North) is not available for UNC use.
- We do need to lock up the building soon after the last class is dismissed, so if you need extended hours please check with the front desk.
- Sorry, pets and children may not accompany you to class.
- UNC departments may also rent rooms at the Loveland Center for meetings free of charge at this time.
The Centerra Area
Centerra is a retail and residential development district in Loveland (surrounding the intersection of I-25 and US Hwy 34) with nearby access to...
- Trails around two lakes (right outside of our center building!)
- Many restaurant options from fast food to casual and fine dining; many catering options are also available.
- Retail shopping, including an outlet mall and an upscale outdoor mall.
- Hotels and apartment/condo complexes
- Gas/convenience stores, and some groceries at nearby supercenters
- Information is available at the front desk with menus, maps and locations of the amenities nearby.
Be sure to explore the area using the “Search nearby” function at the Google map link above.