Applying to the Nursing RN-to-BSN Program
Get Started – Starts Each Fall or Spring Term
Admitted students can begin this program each Fall or Spring term. Students will be admitted twice a year via a competitive admission process, and class size is limited. This program is fully online after the required orientation day at our Loveland Center at Centerra at the beginning of the program.
Completed applications are due by:
- April 15 for Fall term start
- September 15 for Spring term start
Thank you for your interest in this UNC program!
Please review the Eligibility section of the Program Summary page prior to application.
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
Admission to this program requires two applications, one for UNC and an additional application to the school of nursing:
- Apply to UNC through the UNC Transfer Student Application.
Choose Nursing RN to BSN (Registered Nurse Seeking Bachelor of Science in Nursing) (Online) as your program and indicate either a Spring or Fall entry term (Summer may be listed but is not available).
International applicants: please read the additional instructions below.
The application fee process will appear once you complete all application questions and submit the application.
Make sure to have sealed official transcripts sent to UNC for all previously earned credit. UNC admissions will use your submitted transcripts to determine credit towards overall degree completion.
- Then also complete the School of Nursing RN-BSN application.
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Official Transcripts of all institutions attended after high school
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – TOEFL iBT: 70; IELTS: 6.0; PTE: 50, or petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio/photo page *
- Financial Documentation * # – we will need to verify that you can pay the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) for the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
* = Items marked with * are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
# = Items marked with # are not required with your initial application. You will submit them after you have been admitted to UNC.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 970-351-2831.