Applying to the Educational Studies EdD Program
Get Started – Starts Late July 2022
Details About the Online + Summer Loveland Visits Delivery
This mostly online delivery option begins near the end of the Summer term (late July). The minimal face-to-face requirements allow you to attend from anywhere, while still allowing you to meet your fellow students and fulfill doctoral residency requirements.
- Fall and Spring terms: coursework is completely online.
- Summer terms: you will have one course delivered in Loveland, Colorado, for 5 days or less each of the first three Summers.
- Your dissertation defense will be presented on campus (in Greeley) the final semester of your program.
- Priority Application Deadline: April 15
- Standard Application Deadline: after the priority application deadline, spots are filled on a first-come, first served basis for qualified applicants. Please contact the Admissions Coach about available space after the deadline.
Thank you for your interest in this UNC graduate program! You will complete the UNC Graduate School application and then submit additional materials. Please review the Eligibility section of the Program Summary page prior to application.
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
Step 1 – Apply
- Apply to the UNC Graduate School. You will start a "UNC Graduate School Application." The following bullets will support you as you complete the application and material submission process.
On the application, choose the following program:
Educational Studies Ed.D. (Extended Campus)
Request 3 academic or professional letters of recommendation from those who can attest to your academic potential and abilities. You will be asked to supply contact information for your recommenders in the application.
International applicants: please visit the International Students Admission Requirements page for information about additional requirements.
If you are unable to complete your application in one session, you can log back in to your application later to complete it. The application fee process will appear once you submit your application.
Step 2 – Submit Transcripts & Supplemental Items
You will then continue in the system (or log into the Admissions Portal) to complete the following:
All applicants will need to request one official transcript from each regionally accredited college or university where a bachelor's degree or higher was earned (or is in progress). Some applicants may need to provide additional transcripts. Situations that require this are listed on the Graduate School website (choose Domestic or International). Directions for having your official transcript(s) sent to UNC are listed in the Application Portal.
Writing sample – an academic paper or publication, no more than 25 pages.
Statement of Goals addressing your potential as a graduate student and future professional goals. The statement should be 500 words or less.
The application portal will also show you which of your recommendations have been completed.
GRE scores are NOT required for this program.
Once you apply to the UNC Graduate School and your application packet is complete, your application will be reviewed by the graduate school then sent to the faculty/program for an admission decision. The timing of the admission decision depends on each individual program’s deadline and review process.