Applying to this Special Education Doctoral Program
Get Started – You Can Begin Fall or Spring Term
Deadlines for completed applications (including all supplemental materials):
- Fall term: March 15
- Spring term: October 15
Admission is competitive, and all applications for each term will be reviewed as a group after those deadlines. Applications received after the deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis. Contact the Program Coordinator for advising.
U.S. applicants (outside of Colorado) for online programs: please be sure to check your eligibility by state of residence.
Thank you for your interest in this UNC program! The application process and necessary forms are available on the department web pages:
On the application, choose the following program:
- Special Education Ph.D. (Extended Campus)
All international (non-U.S. citizen) applicants should mark Yes for "Are you an international student?" at the beginning of the graduate application process. In addition to any application steps listed above, you will also need to prepare the following for your application:
- Demonstration of Language proficiency – either a Qualifying test score (TOEFL iBT: 80, IELTS: 6.5, PTE: 60) or a petition for exemption. UNC's institutional code for TOEFL is 4074.
- Copy of passport bio/photo page *
- Financial Documentation * # – we will need to verify that you can pay the estimated costs (tuition, fees, room, board, insurance, books, supplies, travel) for the time you will be in the U.S. Those applying to programs that last longer than 1 year will only need to provide proof for the first year at the time of application.
* = Items marked with * are only required for applicants who will be coming to the United States.
# = Items marked with # are not required with your initial application. You will submit them after you have been admitted to UNC.
For more information about UNC International Admissions and the UNC Center for International Education, please visit the International Admissions site, email email@example.com, or call 970-351-2831.