Loveland Center at Centerra – Current Students Information
The UNC Loveland Center at Centerra is conveniently located near Interstate 25 & US Highway 34 in the Centerra development of Loveland.
Student WiFi Directions
Devices vary in which fields they require and in what order, but the bullets below should cover most device processes (you may not require all of these items):
- If you are on a mobile device, first turn on Airplane Mode (this will ensure that the user registration page will be displayed once you connect).
- Make sure WiFi is turned on, search for available networks and select: UNC-Student
- Keycode/Password/Security Key: UNCStudent (capitalization does matter; this is needed only the 1st time you use each device at a UNC campus or center).
- Ignore any notification that says "WiFi has no internet access."
- Open your browser and go to any web page to prompt the User Registration page if you are on a computer. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to go to https://www.unco.edu/index.asp or http://188.8.131.52/.
- Read the UNC Computing Acceptable Use Procedure, then hit the "Accept" button.
- Username and password are your full UNC Student username (Bearmail address) and your password.
- If you input your credentials correctly, you will receive a confirmation page and then the network will connect (this may take a few moments).
- Turn off Airplane mode if you turned it on for this process.
Computer Lab and Printing
- Our computer lab is available whenever the center is open, if it is not reserved by a course (rare occurrences).
- Food and drink are NOT allowed in the lab. You may have food & drink in the regular classrooms.
- All the printing is done through the BearPrint printing system, same as the main campus. For assistance, check the binder in your computer lab or check with the Site Coordinator. When printing, it will ask for your Ursa username and password.
- Every August, an $8 credit is put on your account for the academic year. If more money is needed, you can add funds to your account in the Financial/Billing section in Ursa. If a billing discrepancy occurs, please contact Technical Support.
- We do not have a copy machine for students. If multiple copies are needed, it can be done through your Pharos printing account.
- Free parking! [Note: please do not park in the few spots that are marked "Reserved" on the far South end of the lot.]
- Kitchens and patio: The center has two kitchen areas on the 1st and 2nd floors. The 1st floor kitchen has a coffee maker, two microwaves, refrigerator, convection oven, two vending machines, toaster, several tables and chairs, and an outside patio area with two picnic tables and a BBQ grill. The 2nd floor kitchen has a refrigerator, coffee maker and sink area. We rely on students and staff to clean up after themselves when using the facilities!
- Fitness: the center has 4 bicycles that can be checked out from the front desk for 30 minute intervals. Students have full use of the walking/biking paths right next to the center, which go around 2 lakes. Locker rooms with shower are located in the first floor main hallway.
- Please note: the picnic area just outside the next nearest building (to the North) is not available for UNC use.
- We do need to lock up the building soon after the last class is dismissed, so if you need extended hours please check with the front desk.
- Sorry, pets and children may not accompany you to class.
The Centerra Area
Centerra is a retail and residential development district in Loveland (surrounding the intersection of I-25 and US Hwy 34) with nearby access to...
- Trails around two lakes (right outside of our center building!)
- Many restaurant options from fast food to casual and fine dining; many catering options are also available.
- Retail shopping, including an outlet mall and an upscale outdoor mall.
- Hotels and apartment/condo complexes
- Gas/convenience stores, and some groceries at nearby supercenters
- Information is available at the front desk with menus, maps and locations of the amenities nearby.
Be sure to explore the area using the “Search nearby” function at the Google map link above.