Graduation Requirements & Process
Graduation Requirements for Your Program
Refer to your UNC Catalog:
Program elements can change over time. Your personal graduation requirements are tied to the official UNC Catalog of the academic year under which you declared your primary major/program.
To view the courses and requirements you will need to complete your program:
- Go to the UNC Catalogs
- Choose the correct undergraduate or graduate catalog (see notes above). Academic years run from Fall term through the following Summer term.
- Find the exact academic program for which you were admitted in the navigation of the
- Undergraduate Students: choose Undergraduate Programs then choose the category (bachelor's, certificate, etc.) that applies to your program.
- Graduate Students: choose Graduate Programs then choose the category (master's, doctoral, etc.) that applies to your program.
Updating to a New UNC Catalog
If you need to update to the current catalog version without changing your major/program (because your catalog has expired or if you need to be to updated to new program requirements), you will need to complete a form to update your records.
- Undergraduate students: please visit the Registrar's Graduation Requirements page. You will use the "Major-Minor Change Form" (under Catalog Requirements); see the lower part of the form once you open it.
- Graduate Students: please visit the Graduate School Forms page. You will use the "Change of Term Request" Form.
Applying for Graduation
- Undergraduate Certificate completion information
- Graduation application for all other undergraduate programs
- Graduate Certificate completion form
- Complete graduation information for all other graduate programs